299 Broadway - Suite 1600
New York, New York, 10007
AREAS OF CONCENTRATION
- 3/4 Accidental Disability Pensions
- Ordinary Disability Pensions
- Criminal Matters
- Unemployment Insurance Claims
ADMISSION TO PRACTICE LAW
- New York
- United States District Court - Southern District of New York
- United States District Court - Eastern District of New York
Richard has worked at Seelig Law Offices since inception. He has helped hundreds of clients obtain disability benefits with the Social Security Administration, and with various civil service pension systems. His achievements in this field were recently recognized by Super Lawyers in his selection as a 2015 Rising Star for the New York Metro Area. He has taught classes for Continuing Legal Education on various topics regarding Social Security Disability Insurance benefits.
Before working at Seelig Law Offices, Mr. Seelig interned at the Manhattan District Attorney's Office and the New York City Police Department Advocate's Office. Richard also spent one year as a student Assistant District Attorney at the Bronx County District Attorney's Office. Richard also served on the Executive Board of The Polestino Trial Advocacy Institute at St. John's University school of Law.
- 2009 - J.D., St. John's School of Law
- 2006 - B.S., Cornell University
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES / MEMBERSHIPS
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
Richard enjoys traveling, fishing and billiards.